"days gone by" aka "Auld Lang Syne"

Should old acquaintance be forgot,
and never brought to mind ?
Should old acquaintance be forgot,
and old times since ?

CHORUS:
For auld lang syne, my dear,
for auld lang syne,
we'll take a cup of kindness yet,
for auld lang syne.

And surely you’ll buy your pint cup !
And surely I’ll buy mine !
And we'll take a cup o’ kindness yet,
for auld lang syne.

CHORUS

We two have run about the slopes,
and picked the daisies fine ;
But we’ve wandered many a weary foot,
since auld lang syne.

CHORUS

We two have paddled in the stream,
from morning sun till dine ;
But seas between us broad have roared
since auld lang syne.

CHORUS

And there’s a hand my trusty friend !
And give us a hand o’ thine !
And we’ll take a right good-will draught,
for auld lang syne.

CHORUS
It's been way time for a goodbye and what a better time than any.. New Years Eve.

I've been contemplating for sometime on how to let go.. It should be simple. You just simply turn your back and walk away. It's never been that easy to me.. But, I've been harboring resentments and sentiments of days gone by for over 9 months now.. it's time for a new births inception..

So I didn't write resolutions. I wrote plans.. for the first time in a long time.... It's no time for wishing, hoping and dreaming. It's time for action. Time to be foot to pavement, foot to ass, hand to paper, voice to melody, hand to keyboard, mind to focus, it's just plain time.

At this juncture in my life I realize nothing is going to happen by thinking. Not just simply thinking. Good thoughts come to me all the time. It's action that's been needed. 9 months of wallowing, rehashing, rethinking, wondering, waiting, hoping and wishing have gotten me far but not very far, not as far as necessary. It just simply seems that I'm fed up. Fed up with my bullshit and the bullshit of others. Fed up with the stupid shit and the stupid shit I allow to gain entrance into my life. Fuck other peoples guilt, issues or problems. I have my own shit to deal with. So It's time to stop putting other peoples ish before mine. It's due time I become selfish in the right way.

So my major goals have been written out with minor goals that lend themselves to the progression of the larger goals in line. Meaning.. I have major goals, but the major goals require smalls steps (ie my minor goals) Like .. if i want to get my license for my field.. I have to go to school, and going to school requires applying, tuition, daily studying and a sacrifice of my time so... daily.. I will be focusing on what matters.. which is my schedule. Making time for things and people that matter and cutting out the things that deter me from my path. If it means I don't email everybody everyday but only on my days off so be it. If it means I turn this blog off because it seems to start controversy.. so be it.. The controversy is not worth the time I've put into it. Besides bickering back and forth with my ex's other.. over who slept with who.. is drama I don't really need & it does nothing for me, my future or my plans.. Bickering with people who mistake a letter I write to my love of writing as a love letter to a man we both had relations with is dead in the water.. Especially if he doesn't talk to either one of us anymore nor will he ever admit to it... What's the point really? Like I said.. I'm dealing with the truth and what really matters.

The truth is.. I loved a man.. I wrote about him on here. The relationship and the relationships that co-mingled with ours.. well are over.. So.. I'm dong my part to get my shit together.. and apparently it means keeping my life private.. like it used to be..

So 2009.. is the year of no bullshit. (it actually numerically is the focus on women and spirituality and signifies change)
I've got lots of plans.. and lots of writing to catch up on.. I haven't written like I'm supposed to be in 9 months either. I stopped b/c I felt like I was being misunderstood. But it's all good... being in school and writing don't go hand in hand for me right now. I've got projects on the back burner, goals to meet and things to do...

so good people. I hope you have your lives in order..
and if your trying to find me.. text me or email me.. i'll get back to you.. sooner than later..

otherwise..
peace out... &
Happy New Year

No comments: