only b/c u asked me


only b/c u asked
im ok
tired
but ok
busy
but fine
happy with the direction of my life
learning to move on
growing each day
shedding old skins &
finding my way
walking more than talking
living more than wanting
being is cool.
having is better
and i've got my eyes
focused on the prize
learning so much
getting A's
so focused on my studies
i don't have time to play
becoming amazing
everyday
still a little
scared of half-stepping
falling
but im learning
and since you asked
im okay
learn to smile
try not to be stressed
take my lessons
and remove the bitterness from my chest
don't become "that" black woman
but the "good" person i used to be
changing my ways
my skin
my hair
my thoughts
my life
and only b/c u asked
im okay
better than what i use to be
and not yet where im gonna be
but im okay
heading in the right direction
got light around me
protection and guidance
im fine...
thank you.
i hope your doing ok.

(c)2008 jamilaj

1 comment:

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

u write well
Nice spot u have here, hope u don’t mind the drive by, do chk me out one day

rawdawgbuffalo and if u like what u read, maybe u will come back, even Blog Roll Me